RESPONSIBILITIES OF SHIPPING LINES/ OTHER CARRIERS
- It shall be the responsibility of Shipping lines/ air carriers to ensure that all goods being consigned for shipment to Nigeria are covered by appropriate e-Form “M”.
- The e-Form “M” number MUST be reflected on the Bill of Lading or Airway Bill or road way bill for such goods.
- An advance summary of the manifest of the cargoes must be made available to NCS electronically immediately the vessel departs the last port of call.
- Shipping Lines shall transmit to NCS and NPA cargo manifests before leaving the last Port of Call.
- Shipping Lines shall ensure that Nigeria bound containerized cargoes are palletized.