RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE IMPORTER
- It shall be the duty of the importer to ensure that the supplier makes available the proforma invoice(s) in accordance with the imports procedure of the country. As a result, there must be no ambiguity in the description of the goods.
- The importer shall also ensure that all the documents to be forwarded to the Authorized Dealer Bank are genuine and verifiable.
- The importer shall ensure that Final Documents are forwarded to the Authorized Dealer Bank by the Supplier before the arrival of the goods/consignment to facilitate quick clearance.
- All the requirements listed under the imports procedure must be complied with before documents are submitted to the Authorized Dealer Bank.
- Upon Registration of the e-Form “M” by NCS, the importer shall also advise the supplier to arrange for the shipment of the goods.