RESPONSIBILITIES OF NIGERIA CUSTOMS SERVICE
Upon receipt of the e-Form “M” with other necessary pre-import documents, NCS shall:
- Carry out a preliminary review on the application using information provided therein and accept or reject the e-Form “M” within one working day.
- Register the e-Form “M” on the system, if “ACCEPTED“.
- State reason(s) for rejection if the e-Form “M” is “REJECTED“, after this the e-Form “M” is automatically returned for necessary rectification.
- Generate Pre-Arrival Assessment Report (PAAR) within six (6) hours after registration of the e-Form “M” and the receipt of the Final Import Documents from the Authorized Dealer Banks.
- Coordinate the Mandatory Joint Examination and sign-off Form within official working hours, including Saturdays.
- Circulate cargo manifests to other examination agencies as soon they are received to enable enough time for risk assessment and profiling.
- Strengthen Nigeria Integrated Customs Information System (NICIS) to accommodate more agencies.