BONDED WAREHOUSES REQUIREMENTS
- Inspection Report from the Area
- Format Application
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Article of Association
- Particulars of Directors u2013 Form Sale 2.3.
- Current Customs Agent Licence
- Audited Account of the Company
- Forms Sale 158
- Site Plan and Premiseu2019s Plan
- Sketch Diagram of the location
- Vehicle Particulars
- Letter of Recommendation from a reputable bank
- The application must be by a reputable corporate body with necessary facilities to operate a Bonded Warehouse.
- The applicant must be able to show evidence that this business enterprise would suffer greatly if denied bonded warehousing facilities.
- Goods evacuated to a Bonded Warehouse must be cleared within a period of three months with duty and charges fully accounted for.
- There shall be periodic audit of warehoused goods.
- The Bond security in respect of the warehoused goods should not be less than 15% of the duty payable. This is apart from the general Bond which the operator must execute with any of the Customs Duty collecting banks.
- Any Bonded Warehouse Operator who violates any of the concessions granted under the procedure shall have his licence or approval withdrawn and made to face prosecution and/ or a fine of 200% of the value of the Bond.
- Every Bonded Warehouse should be linked to the ASYCUDA for the purposes of accountability and ensuring that every cargo is properly assessed and duty paid.
- The importer would have specified on his Form “M” that the cargo would be cleared through a specified Bonded Warehouse.