E-AUCTION ADVERT (TERMS AND CONDITIONS)
Nigeria Customs Service wishes to inform the general public about its readiness to deploy the e-auction platform via https://app1.trade.gov.ng/eauction as from 1st July, 2017.
Consequently, all those who want to participate in the e-auction process are advised to note the following terms and conditions:
– Applicant must have a valid TIN issued by the FIRS with an active e-mail account.
– An applicant shall pay a non refundable fee of One Thousand Naira (₦1,000.00) as administrative charge.
– An Item is auctioned “as is” as such request for replacement or refund shall not be entertained.
– The successful bidder shall make payment within five (5) working days.
– Failure to pay within five (5) working days the item reverts to the second (2nd) highest bidder.
– The successful bidder has two (2) weeks from the date of payment to remove the item bidded for or forfeit same at the expiration of the two (2) weeks.
– Any auction item not removed from the warehouse within fourteen (14) days from the date of payment shall revert to its pre-bidding status.
– Take note for overtime cargo, that the successful bidder shall in addition pay 25% charges for Shipping line and Terminal operator respectively.
– Bidders shall be allowed to bid for more than 2 items per bidding window.
– For claiming items, the winner shall present;
i. A valid copy of paid assessment and bank receipt (optional in case of e-payment);
ii. E-mailed code to identify owner after payment;
iii. A notarized letter in case owner sends representative. (Where owner is present uploaded photo on registration will do.)
iv. Provide proper identification with the notarized letter such as International passport, Driver’s licence, Voters card or National I.D.
– The dwell time for this Online Auction Sale shall be Twenty-Eight (28) days.
– Third party claims shall not be entertained.
– Officers of the Nigeria Customs Service are excluded from participating in this Auction.
– Owner of seized item is excluded from bidding for same.
– Conditions and terms of this auction are to be carefully considered by an interested person before acceptance.
– Applicant undertakes to abide by the conditions and terms of this auction